Our Eco Council
Our aim through our Eco Council work at St.Botolph’s, is to educate children about ways in which they can make a difference in caring for our planet. We want to raise awareness of the issues that the world is facing:global warming; decline in species of animals; pollution and littering. Our hope is that by making children consider their actions here at St.Botolph’s they will be able to make the right choices outside of school and beyond their time with us.
The Eco councillors hold a position of responsibility and guide the decisions and aims driving the topics that we choose to cover. We hope that this responsibility teaches them ways to lead and enthuse others effectively. The assemblies and projects that we carry out will impact on the whole school community and make changes that will benefit all.
In order to achieve this we will help our children to:
- Have an understanding of biodiversity and how to encourage wildlife into our school grounds.
- Raise awareness of how to care for our school grounds through litter picks and gardening.
- Monitor how energy is used throughout the school and aim to reduce waste, as well as save money.
- Monitor and improve how litter is disposed of by pupils at our school and the wider community.
- Get involved with links to the wider Eco community and have an awareness at a global level of how to care for planet earth.